Friday, January 3, 2014

Cheers To A New Year


It's a New Year!

Happy new year to you! It was a short holiday season and here we are in 2014 already. 

I've started on my resolutions, have you?

Each year I make a list organized by different categories. Oh, I never complete the entire list, but that's okay. I know I'm too ambitious but there's alway so much to be done, to learn, or to plan. 

This year I've actually contemplated not reviewing my lists throughout the year, but rather just concentrating on whatever the moment calls for.

I'm not sure I can actually do that, but it's a nice thought!

My favorite holiday item this season? Why, it's this adorable bear holding a tree in one paw and a toy sheep in the other. I said I wasn't going to buy any more Christmas decor this year, but there were some things I found that could not be passed up. 

As time goes by, and the nature of things change, I've found myself taking more and more photos with my iPhone and posting them on Instagram. 

I love using apps such as Afterlight, Snapseed and PicTapGo to edit the photos. It's hard not to be addicted to that!
It's all very quick and easy; such is the changing landscape of social media these days. There's so much inspiration to be found there in the palm of your hand.

Cheers to a brand new year!

Signature

6 comments:

Viv@within the Frame said...

I love your little bear to he is so sweet a Happy New Year to yo and Miss Gracie...

kathleen said...

beautiful pictures! I wanted to check out your pinterest... I got there, but your link is wrong... it's this http://www.pinterest.com/sharon_giordano/

Off to see your pins... another wasted hour coming up!!! Oh well, it's a snowy day here in Colorado... what else should I be doing? Taking down decorations, cleaning... NAW!!!! ;)

Marrianna said...

The very top photo is so wonderful. I love the shot, the depth of field, the gorgeous turquoise ball all sharp. I can see Karen's influence in your photos. The bear is such a wonderful addition to your Christmas decorations. Good for you. I purchased several new decorations from the after Christmas sales and probably won't get them out for photographs. There are a few things that I intend to keep on display all year, especially the glass tree from Pier 1 and the bottle lights in the fancy tequila bottles. I'm going to look for more of them.

Like you, my iPhone with Instagram and FB are so fun and easy. I start my photo class with Karen on Monday and am sure hoping for more delightful photos to start sharing on my blog. I'll continue with the iPhone on IG.

Thank you for posting today. Happy New Year.

Marrianna

Sarah Huizenga said...

I go in spurts with my iPhone, on vacation it is very handy. But at the end of the day I always come back to my Canon. That bear is the cutest.

Nicki said...

I am glad you had a lovely (albeit short) holiday. Happy New Years. Your bear is quite cute.

Jen Kershner said...

I love your colorful, happy pictures! Happy New Year to you!