Sunday, September 29, 2013

Roses, Roses


Weekend Roses
No, these roses aren't from my garden; they are from Trader Joe's. I look forward to seeing their floral collection each week when I do my grocery shopping. Great prices and a nice selection, too. 

For these photos, I wanted to play with my 50mm lens at its widest aperature of f1.8 because I love the beautiful bokeh (blur) backgrounds it creates. 


I also like playing with different presets (filters) in Lightroom. This one gives the roses a vintage feel, with a warmer, more yellow hue overall.


Oh, and it helps to have a window that hasn't been cleaned recently!

Signature

2 comments:

Viv@within the Frame said...

Wonderful light and the vintage shot just perfect.

Denise Fabian said...

Absolutely LOVE your window comment...:) The photos are scrumptuous!