Sunday, September 1, 2013

Catching Up


Hello there,

Summer is flying by, isn't it? Here we are in September already and I'm not quite ready for autumn (although the retail stores certainly are!). Luckily, we are having sunny, pleasant warm weather still as we usually do in September in the bay area. Gracie is still getting her morning and afternoon sun, but it is shifting so there is not as much. A few mornings were cloud filled and she was visibly depressed! Such a sun cat. Well, it  didn't last for too long but she did take to her bed (actually, it's mine but I just just say it's "ours") as if it was winter.

I have been enjoying my new garden, but I have to admit I was a bit dismayed when I saw all kinds of little green shoots popping up as they are some kind of clover-like weed. I think I was fooled into thinking that the wood chips would hold them down. That's okay, as garden work is a great antidote to being online.

Speaking of those weeds, I think that that is what I must do today, so off to the garden I go! And yes, I promise some garden photos soon!

Signature

4 comments:

Carol said...

Love the image, but then I love milk glass and pearls.

Marrianna said...

The photo today is lovely and so you. Thank you. I'm hoping your flower garden is small so you don't have to pull too many weeds. I have a rock yard in the front of my house but when we laid the ground cover, we didn't use the kind that will STOP things from growing through. It's so bad that the homeowners association is consistently sending me notices to manicure the yard (notice I didn't say manicure the garden?). My flowers are all wildflowers and keep coming back with more and more from blown seeds. How much fun is that? It looks pretty but it needs an update one of these years when I have more cash to do it right.

Thanks for posting. I'm way behind in blogging but may get inspired by your post.

Nicki said...

I have so much weeding to do - it just sucks all the energy from me these days and makes me want to avoid going out to the yard all together. Ugh!

Your milk glass vase is quite lovely.

Denise Fabian said...

LOVE your perspective!