Sunday, July 14, 2013

Back in the Swing of Things


Gone Too Long

Oh, it's been a while since I've been here. I have been so busy including a one and a half week vacation recently. The highlight? A four-day photography workshop in Oregon by Karen Russell of Snapshots of a Good Life. You may know her from her online workshops that have been waiting-list only due to her popularity.  She has created a workshop for nine women that was the best photography experience I've ever had. Called the Hometown Workshop, it was a fabulous time in Jacksonville, Oregon spent in a historic house built in 1884. What a charming town it was! There is so much to say, but for now, you can see a highlight of the workshop on her blog here. So lucky and blessed to have been able to participate in it with eight wonderful classmates. 


After sleeping only four hours a night or so during the workshop, it took me the rest of my vacation to recover since we had record-breaking temperatures both in Oregon (100 degrees!) and at home during that time. I did get to the flea market before I went back to work which was fun. I only bought a few bits and bobs but I enjoy seeing everything the vendors sell.


In the meantime, I just finished up one online class and I'm starting another tomorrow through the Clickinmoms photography community. I'm always taking one class or another and I'd love to take a break but there are so many great classes out there. Are you a workshop junkie like me? Would love to know what classes you are taking or thinking of taking. So many classes, so little time!

Signature

6 comments:

Rustique Gal said...

Welcome back Sharon! That class sounds so fun. I love the idea of a learning retreat. And to learn something fun, especially! We're suffering from HOT and HUMID here in the Northeast too. Thankful for cooler evenings and nights. Have a great week!
Hugs,
Sherry

Viv Halliwell said...

How fantastic to take part in such an intimate class glad you enjoyed it and I love your birdcage....

Marrianna said...

Your photos look fabulous. I don't know if it is the result of the 4-day workshop in a great historic home and town, but I see even more beauty in everyone you've posted. Your work inspires me to think about doing either an online workshop or saving up for an in-person workshop.

Yes, I like to take classes online but I seldom finish them. I get distracted easily. For now, I'm not taking any classes online or in person. I have a 3 hour workshop scheduled for the end of September in Glendale, AZ, with an art journaler, Dina Wakley. I had originally planned to take a 6 hour class with her at Art Unraveled and then canceled. I knew if I went to Scottsdale in August to take the class, I would get sucked into the vendor show and spend more money than I really wanted or needed to spend. My budgeting and saving for needed expenses is working so far.

Again, I am so glad you are back and glad you got to the flea market. I've stayed away from Sweet Salvage because that's part of how I got into so much cr card debt. The CCs are cut up and gone. It's cash and carry.

However, I got a new app from Rhonna Designs for the iPad. It only cost $1.99 and I have a feeling I'll be enjoying it a lot. I've had so much fun with the PicsArt free app and saw this one so decided I could afford the $1.99.

Blessings,
Marrianna

Carol said...

I love the colors in the images - beautiful!

Nicki said...

Glad to see you back and that you had such an enjoyable time.

Barb said...

Great pictures! You are so talented and creative!