Saturday, June 15, 2013

Rosy Times

Remnants of Roses

The week before last, I bought a bunch of mixed roses. After a few days, I put them from one vase into several small ones. They lasted much longer than the peonies I bought last week which only lasted a matter of days. They may be getting shabby, but I don't mind.

The floral selection was not so good this week at Trader Joe's. They had rearranged the store and that department seemed a bit smaller. So, since I had purchased a ton of things already from the farmer's market and will be so busy getting things prepared for Father's Day, I decided to forego them this one week.
Tomorrow, I'll check out my own rose bushes, and if there are blooms, I'll cut some of them. That's between a bit of cooking, cleaning, photographing, visiting... it's a busy day!

Signature

5 comments:

Sarah Huizenga said...

I love all those bottle you are using.

Carol said...

I think the 'shabby' roses are the most beautiful.

June said...

I think shabby roses are my faves Sharon. You have captured the beauty of them perfectly. I have loved going back several posts and looking at your gorgeous photography. I wish we lived near each other so you could teach me some of the things you have learned. I love your photos so much.
Take care my sweet friend. I hope your summer is going well.
hugs from me...

Nicki said...

I can only imagine the fragrance from these - sweet!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Such lovely colors. I hope all is well with you. Best wishes, Tammy