Monday, March 25, 2013

Spring Thing

All photos processed with textures by Kim Klassen for Texture Tuesday
Oh, the ranunculus are back - happy Spring! 
The flower vendor at the farmer's market now has one of my favorite flowers. Ahhh, Spring. Now that winter is over, it's a joy going to the farmer's market each Saturday. So much wonderful produce and sunny days again. Asparagus is also back and we've been eating it almost every night. Oh, and chard sautéed with garlic and olive oil too. So much goodness at the market!
I also scored a bunch of faux veggies for home decor at a garage sale a few weeks ago. A home stager was having her annual garage sale - love those quality sales. The monthly flea market that I like going to is coming up in a few weeks. I'm trying to resist going because I don't really need anything (not to mention that I just bought a new lens for my camera - I need to stop spending for the next two years to make up for that one!). 

Today I did my taxes and got a surprise, only it wasn't the happy one I was expecting. For the first time that I can remember, I actually owed taxes instead of getting a refund. And this was after I spent the expected refund and then some last weekend on my new lens! Ah well, it will all balance out in the long run. Enjoy your Spring days!

Signature

11 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

You are so fortunate to be able to get so much fresh produce. Just about everything we get is flown in from surrounding countries and who knows what it goes through before it even gets here. Our neighbor gave us some veggies from his garden a couple of weeks back -- nothing quite like fresh tomatoes, that's for sure. Hope you have a great week. Tammy

Gracie said...

Love the gorgeous colors!

Carol said...

Very nice, Sharon!

Deanna said...

Love the ranunculus and the orange is fantastic. Those farmer's markets are amazing, I always find treasures (too many sometimes).

Karla @Art Whisper said...

Oh I love Ranunculus as I too picked up a bunch the other day at Trader Joe's.

Lyn said...

Beautiful picture, a lot of people have been posting ranunculus today on Texture Tuesday. I'm seriously wanting to buy some, guess it's off to Home Depot to see if they have any.

Rustique Gal said...

Hi Sharon,
Hope you and Miss Gracie are well this lovely spring day. I just love your lovely photos of the ranunculus. They are so pretty! I have to look into growing them, I need more flowers in my garden! Snowbanks are shrinking in the afternoon sun. Happy Week to you!
Hugs,
Sherry

Keri said...

I too love nuncs! I love your blog-found you in "Artful Blogging" and was inspired. The spread was gorgeous. I loved all your flower photos. You speak my language! Thanks for sharing your inspiration!

Marrianna said...

Beautiful photos. We have to wait for our farmers market on Memorial Day Sunday. And our selection of flowers can't compare with the ones I see on your blog. Thank you.

Mona's Picturesque said...

This is gorgeous! ♥
I’ve started a new meme for flowers in my blog: http://monaspicturesque.blogspot.fi/2013/03/floral-love-good-friday.html
Come and share your flowers if you have time!
Happy Easter!

toko baju muslim said...

very interesting article Beautifull photos and great blog!