Monday, January 21, 2013

Roses!

Photo processed with Happy Heart, Sweet Treat and Charmed textures by Kim Klassen for Texture Tuesday.
Roses = Happiness

Yellow roses? White roses? Pink roses? So many choices at my local Trader Joe's this weekend. I finally chose these multi-colored roses with pink and tinges of green and ivory. Totally enjoyed photographing these today. So much for my holiday; however, I decided this morning that I was going to do whatever I happened to feel like doing. No pressure of the must-do's. No, it was a total day off and I spent quite some time taking photos.

I also cooked up a pot of vegetarian chile and brown rice, sauteed Swiss chard, roasted baby golden beets and squash, made an apple/pear/orange/banana smoothie and cleaned the kitchen. That was after the oatmeal breakfast with apples, bananas, raisins, dried peaches, almonds, cinnamon, flax seed, and soy milk. Not bad for a holiday.
Signature

12 comments:

Sarah Huizenga said...

The food sounds delicious. Beautiful roses.

Nicki said...

healthy eating and living - your roses would lift any spirit and good for you for taking a 'day off'. I try to at least one day a week have a day with no chores - seldom does that happy since I am chief cook and bottle washer.

Evelyn S. said...

Wonderful choice of colors! I was in a city with Trader Joe's but knew that it was silly to buy flowers when I was driving more than 300 miles to get back home! Your use of textures is so good, too!

Kim Stevens said...

Such beautiful roses, and I can't imagine how pretty those ruffles petals will be when they open up!

Carol said...

Those roses are beautiful. I would have spent the entire day photographing them too. I love how you processed this image.

sherrygaley said...

Gorgeous roses and processing -- and super yummy food too!

Marrianna said...

Your food sounds like it was wonderful. As always, your photo is fantastic.

Marilyn said...

I like the delicate color of the roses. I'm coming to eat with you, as you eat the way I try to eat.

Julie said...

Gorgeous roses! The textures are so subtle. Visiting you from Kim Klassen and enjoyed your Blog!

joelsuma said...

oh, what beautiful roses!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Yum, yum! Sounds like my kinda food! :) Tammy

Amarie said...

What a BEAUTIFUL photo, and a just as beautiful blog. :)