Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Just Do It!

2013 Mantra

I'm adopting this as my mantra this year. It's something I need to do. You see, I tend to live in my head a lot. When I'm interested in something, my natural inclination is to find out as much as I can. Sometimes this goes too far as I spend more time researching, reading and taking classes rather than doing. So this year, I want to just do it.

I can tell you about all the newest movies, even though I haven't seen them. I know tons of tips for healthy living but I don't follow them all. Oh, nothing serious, just like not getting enough sleep, being less sedentary, getting five full servings of vegetables each day. I actually have a very healthy diet! But, I certainly want to take more photos this year and put into practice all of what I've been learning. And, I want to use Lightroom more rather than using Photoshop for my photo enhancements.

Those are just a few examples. So, just do it is what I need to remind myself. Oh, the chalkboard above is one of my flea market finds from my recent trip. Perfect for reminding me of what's important.

Do you have a mantra or words to live by for 2013?

Signature

5 comments:

Nicki said...

a very good mantra to have. I think we are all guilty of over thinking and whittling away precious time 'thinking about doing something' rather than just doing it. I look forward to more photography and will be interested in how you find using Lightroom.

Tammy said...

I always have lots of things I want to do, but am so disorganized that I just keep putting things off. I am such a big procrastinator. I definitely need to just do it! Have a wonderful day. Tammy

Sarah Huizenga said...

Great post Sharon! I too having problems just doing things, but it is getting better. It just takes practice :)

EllenaElizabeth said...

Love your chalkboard. My mantra is Yesterday has gone, tomorrow has not come, we have only today. Let us begin. It's by Mother Teresa.

Tazas y Cuentos said...

Hello Sharon!
I don't have any special word for 2013 but yours are a very good choice. I agree with you and fell identified with your "living in your head a lot".
I love your photos, they are fantastic!!!
Besos from Argentina, Silvina