Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Flea Market Finds

New Treasures From the Flea

After missing the flea market in December due to heavy rain, I made it back last weekend. Always a great time! I adore this glass photo frame with bird on top. I should have bought another but who knew I would like it so much? I do have a thing for birds.
Yeah, I don't really bake cupcakes. But, these cupcake holders were so pretty I figured I could use them to put things in. Really light things! Not sure what I'll do with them, but I know I'll find a use.

Among the vintage clothes, I found a cool yellow dress, a fluffy slip to wear under my vintage dresses, and a grey sweater with little pink roses. The sweater is actually too big for me, but it was really cold outside so I didn't want to take off my coat to try it on. Even the vendor was sitting inside her van trying to keep warm - I just paid through the window!
I'm so liking my Tom Thumb typewriter from the 1930's. Yes, it is a bit rusty and a lot of the paint is chipping off. But, that gives it character, doesn't it? I think so. It makes a nice prop and I can type little messages.

We arrived there at 8 a.m. where it was about 42 degrees. I was bundled up as usual but one of the first stops was getting hot chocolate. It didn't help too much but eventually it got a bit warmer. What I really like about being there is that I get so focused and absorbed into looking at everything, that I don't think of anything else. Of course, my sister is thinking about food since she knows that we'll be going to lunch once I've finished perusing every aisle at the market. The flea market = so much fun. Wish it was held more often; then again, it's a good thing it isn't!

Signature

3 comments:

Sarah Huizenga said...

Awesome typewriter! Looks like you found a lot of great things.

Nicki said...

These are incredible finds - if I wasn't on a 'declutter' kick (usual for January each year), I would so totally hit up the flea market this weekend.

Perfect frame for you and seriously cool typewriter.

Tammy said...

That is a pretty little frame. And great typewriter. Hope you are having a good week. Tammy