Monday, January 7, 2013

An Artful Surprise

I Love a Surprise

Some of my favorite magazines are those published by Stampington & Company. You know, Somerset Life, Somerset Home, Where Women Create, Holidays & Celebrations, and Greencraft, just to name a few. One of my very favorites is Artful Blogging

A few weeks ago, I received my pre-ordered Where Women Create Business in the mail. This is a special issue and the first time it's been published. I was excited to get it in the mail before it even hit the newsstand.
So there I was laying in bed late one night perusing my new magazine. As I normally do, I savored each page as I turned them. Toward the end of the magazine, there are a number of ads cross-promoting their sister magazines. I turned another page and then, the surprise.
Holy cow! One of my photos was in the ad promoting the upcoming Spring issue of Artful Blogging

In the upper left corner is a photo I took of me in a vintage yellow dress. It's not a surprise that my blog is being featured in this issue. No, I knew that, of course, as I wrote the article that will appear and supplied the accompanying photos. But to be one of six photos featured in the ad is a real honor. So looking forward to this. It's available on February 1; I do hope you enjoy it!
***

Just a reminder, I'm a guest blogger on the "WE" (Women Encouraged) Magazine website through January 8th. Linda Huffman has created a site with varied information for women. There's information on food, decorating, health, business and more. Thank you Linda for asking me to talk about creativty. If you'd like to read it, simply click on "Market Place" at the top left of the page. Enjoy!

Signature

5 comments:

Sarah Huizenga said...

Congratulations! That is so awesome to be featured in the magazine. Can't wait for the issue to come out :)

Viv (modifica) said...

Congratulations my favourite magazine ... I have to order it specially so I will look forward very much I can say I read the blog of someone who is published !!!

Beach Custom said...

Can't wait to see the article!! Congrats!!! So happy for you!

Rustique Gal said...

Congrats, Sharon! I love these magazines and will look forward to seeing you featured! Your photography is always so beautiful. Happy, Happy!
Hugs,
Sherry

Tammy said...

Congrats Sharon! Your photos are always beautiful! :) Tammy