Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas Countdown - Day 5

 T'was the Night Before Christmas...

About nine or ten years ago, I used to participate in the annual holiday card exchange in the calligraphy guild to which I belonged. Always looking to do something special, I created a three dimensional cone in place of a card.
Using my favorite calligraphy hand, I wrote out the entire verse in Copperplate. A little ink was stippled onto it for a vintage effect.
 Pink ribbons on each side...
 ...and white tulle adorns the tip at the bottom, tied with a little silk ribbon.
Shredded crinkle paper and a Christmas ornament inside and it's ready for display. I must admit, this is one of my favorite ornaments. I probably made about 50 of them at the time, and wrapped each in tissue and a ribbon. How fun it was to see the special cards that each person made. Each envelope had our name written in whatever calligraphic hand that the sender chose. There's nothing like seeing your name written beautifully.

Signature

3 comments:

Viv (modifica) said...

So beautiful Sharon I wish i could write like you and what a wonderful idea...

Sarah Huizenga said...

50 of them Wow! They are absolutely beautiful and I am sure will be treasured for a lifetime.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

Gorgeous handmade gift and one I am sure all your friends would have appreciated.
Hope you and Miss Gracie are enjoying the Christmas countdown.

Hugs
Carolyn