Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas Countdown - Day 22

Christmas Collage

The day is getting closer...Over the last several weeks, I've been watching holiday programs on tv including favorites Miracle on 34th Street, White Christmas, Meet Me in St. Louis, the Andy Williams Christmas show from the 1960's, holiday decorating programs on HGTV and holiday food programs featuring traditional treats.

I've made cathedral window chocolate treats, and have been munching on peppermint bark, peppermint waffle cookies, and cocoa drizzle popcorn but I've managed to avoid the egg nog. I have two wreaths, colored lights, and various decorations throughout the house. Presents are complete, but I've yet to send out holiday cards. Mailing labels were just printed so they'll go out just a few days late.

The turkey breast was purchased today (the butcher cut it straight off the turkey and it's making me a bit squeamish. As a former vegetarian, I prefer to buy my turkey already cooked). Stuffing and gravy are ready to go. We are foregoing the pumpkin pie due to the abundance of treats in the house.

I think I'm about ready.
Signature

4 comments:

Nicki said...

Sharon, may you and Miss Gracie have a most memorable and joyous Christmas. If recent photographic glimpses of your decor is any indication, I would say you are definitely ready.

Catherine said...

Wishing you a wonderful holiday season!
xo Catherine

Marrianna said...

Thank you, Sharon, for sharing your Christmas countdown. I have been enjoying all the lovely photos, the glitter, and the little stories in each post. Merry Christmas. Marrianna

Sarah Huizenga said...

Sounds like you are definitely ready and have made the most of the season. Have a wonderful and Merry Christmas!