Sunday, November 18, 2012

Vintage Christmas Flea Market Finds

Love this trio of bottle brush trees I found earlier this month at the flea market. Notice anything different about them? They actually have an Easter theme going on with the bunnies and eggs. What's better than one holiday? Yes, two!

My second great find is this vintage wreath. It's about seven inches in diameter and I knew I had to have it. The price was higher than I wanted to pay, but the vendor came down in price a bit so it was a done deal at that point. It was too special to pass up. Must. Stay. Up. All. Year.

One booth was jam-packed with vintage ornaments. So hard to choose! I finally decided on these four although I picked up the little bear first as he was just adorable. They make me smile because they remind me of ornaments we had on our tree when I was a child. Unfortunately, those ornaments disappeared years ago. I so wish we still had all of those just for the sentiment. It's great that there are some that can be replaced. 

I didn't expect to find anything at the flea market this trip but it turned out to be very fruitful. I got a number of other assorted items plus four fab frames and four Ball jars to use as vases. Hmmm.... I just might have to make another trip soon. 
Signature

6 comments:

Sarah Huizenga said...

Wonderful vintage ornaments. Reminds me of my grandma's tree when I was growing up.

Nicki said...

One of the best things I ever did was claim some of the ornaments from my mom when I first set out on my own. I still have them and they go up on the tree each and every year. Great finds - nothing better than a wonderful decoration finding new life with a new owner.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Wow! You really did change things up over here. Your new blog look is great! And looks like you found some lovely Christmas treasures. I'm savoring the magazine you sent. Have a wonderful week. Tammy

Jess said...

These are wonderful! I love little things like this that bring the spirit of Christmas. Super cute!

Jess

Stampindamour said...

WOW! These are so pretty!!!

-PaMeLa ;)

val said...

love the little bottle brush trees and wreaths!