Friday, November 23, 2012

A Thanksgiving Weekend

Gracie keeps warm in her pink cat bed (otherwise know as my bathrobe).
It's Thanksgiving weekend. Here in the United States that means two things: turkey* and shopping. I admit to the turkey and just a bit of online shopping. Nope, not going to catch me at a shopping center this weekend. I prefer to watch the craziness on the news at 11.

Let me start with the turkey. My tradition has become the Whole Foods turkey dinner - delicious and low maintenance. More time to piddle around the house, catch an old movie, play on the computer and go a few rounds of mousie pole with Gracie. Totally low key and relaxing. And lots of leftovers too.

As far as shopping goes, yes, I took advantage of some Black Friday sales online. I picked up a few SD cards, Photoshop Elements 11 and the Totally Rad Lightroom presets plus RadLab plug-in for PSE. Not holiday shopping in the traditional sense but nice to get some things I've been wanting. 

Speaking of RadLab, I'm totally in love with it. I used it on the above photo - it's really cool how you can easily see all the photo variations. I must admit that while I've tried to use actions in PSE, somehow it just doesn't work for me and I've given up on trying to figure it out. This is so much easier. 

I'm looking forward to having two more days off this weekend. Gracie has been following me everywhere and last night decided to sleep right on top of me. She's definitely a Velcro kitty. I'm so thankful for her - she's my best cat buddy. So much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.

* For my vegetarian friends, it means no turkey but lots of side dishes!

Signature

3 comments:

Sarah Huizenga said...

We don't usually have the traditional turkey, we have ham instead. I did a little on-line shopping. I got the Rad Lab Lightroom presets too, haven't had a chance to play yet, tomorrow after college leaves to go back to school. We did go to our downtown, which is a beautiful busy downtown to do some looking around for Christmas ideas.

The Liberty Belle said...

Sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Best wishes,
Liberty Belle

P.S: That Gracie is too cute!

Nicki said...

I like the idea of getting your turkey meal already prepared than fixing one for myself (daughter didn't come home this holiday and no one else eats turkey in my house). Skipped the mall madness myself this year and am feeling pretty pumped about it. Wish I had thought about Totally Rad sales though - darn!

Have an enjoyable, relaxing weekend.