Monday, September 17, 2012

Waning Days of Summer

All photos processed with textures by Kim Klassen for Texture Tuesday. 
So here we are in the remaining days of summer...

It's hard to think about autumn right now; I'm just not ready for it. Why is it that summer always seems to go so fast? Since this year was cooler than past years, I keep anticipating hotter days. I won't complain; the days have been mostly sunny and pleasant, just not hot. Perhaps they are still to come. After all, in the bay area we typically get some beautiful warm days in September and October.

What do I miss most when summer ends? I love the warmth and lightness of the days and not having to bundle up. Miss Gracie loves the sun, too. 

This morning the sun did not come out until 10:30 am or so. Gracie normally goes to her sun spot around 8 - 8:30 each morning. This morning she looked particularly bummed as she planted herself in the spot that normally would have had sun at that time. You can actually see the disappointment in her face. Poor kitty!

Well, autumn is almost here and I'll transition with these beautiful orange gerbera daisies. After all, we're only a month away from seeing pumpkins!

Photobucket

15 comments:

Mona's Picturesque said...

Oh, I love your orange submission! Gorgeous color ♥

PrairieJill said...

I'm with you - I'm not ready for autumn yet! Beautiful images. Love that orange daisy!

Carol said...

Love that orange gerbera...and I always enjoy seeing Miss Gracie.

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

The orange gerbera is gorgeous. Valerie

Rosemary Aubut said...

So very lovely! i love the light and airy feeling that you have captured! Well done!

Pat said...

Lovely images! The orange gerbera daisy is a beauty.
I love Miss Gracie's expression.

Ahayes1225 said...

Beautiful orange daisy. Wonderful post.

Robyn Greenhouse said...

Gracie is so cute - and I'm a dog person! Love that orange!

Mama Zen said...

These are so delicate and beautiful! Wow!

Margaret said...

Ha! The softness and delicate drew me in and then BAM those intense eyes! :) The cropping of the flower is perfect!

Teresa Schmid Photography said...

Very pretty!

Tammy said...

It's 95 outside right now and climbing. Yesterday was very humid here. Jingles is sitting by the balcony door in a spot of sun at this very moment -- it's her favorite place every morning. ;) Your flowers and photos are very pretty. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Tammy

Karla said...

Such pretty photography and textures. Your kitty looks very much like my kitty. It was sure nice having your sweet comment on my new blog today. I'm sure enjoying learning all that Kim has to offer, don't you?

Warm regards,
Karla

Carol Loethen said...

Beautiful! Love the daisy!!:)

Marrianna said...

Love the flowers, as always. I just read your post with the new cork board. Absolutely lovey.