Sunday, August 12, 2012

From This to That


So glad I bought the large bottle of white acrylic paint. I was ready to donate this memo board when I remembered I still had paint left over from painting the tray. I didn't care for the original color which was almost black, so I painted the frame white. Loved it! But something still wasn't quite right, so I painted a wash over the cork inside. Now I really love it. 


Here's the memo board before it was painted. This color looks good in the right setting, but it was just too dark for my room. So glad to have changed it up that I actually did the same thing with two other memo boards in the same room!


Second project of the day: taking this photo frame and replacing the glass with batting and pink dupioni silk fabric. So super easy! 

I just cut a piece of heavy card stock a little shorter than the inner frame (about 5 7/8 x 3 7/8 inches), cut a piece of batting to fit, and wrapped it in fabric. The fabric is just taped on the back and then the frame backing piece was replaced and it was done.  


I'm so loving this project too - it's sparkly and feminine (and truth be told, the old photo I had in there just did not do it justice). I chose to display some of my pins on it. Oh, and I actually created two of these plus a third one that was half the size (I used white dupioni silk fabric on the small one).


Did I clean house today or cook a meal? Not really, but I did enjoy working on my special projects. Sometimes a girl just has to do what a girl has to do.
Photobucket

2 comments:

StarletStarlet said...

Sharon - you are super creative! And I think the pictures look GREAT!

Marrianna said...

Love the picture frame idea, Sharon. So feminine - just like everything I see in your photos. Keep up the great photography.