Sunday, July 22, 2012

Wrapping Up the Week


Friday was not only the last day of my one week vacation, but also the course I've been taking, Behind the Scenes: a creative guide to blogging your passion. So sad it's over, but it was so full of wonderful tips and techniques that it will take me a while to get through everything. One fun thing we did in class was create a color palette with a photo. I had always wanted to try that, so I was delighted to learn that it was included. 


There are so many fun things to try - I don't know how long it will take me to do it all. Luckily, I have all the pages printed out and organized in a binder as a handy reference tool. Plus, I typed up all the steps from the many videos demonstrating all the how-to's. It's a good thing I was on vacation last week just so I could keep up!


Isn't this a cool binder I got to hold all the course notes? I found it at Target this past week. There was only one in this design and I had to have it. Pink, green and white, it's just too cheery. I also got three other binders in the same color scheme with coordinating designs. Check them out - I just had to pass up the less expensive white binders. If you get the opportunity to add design and color into your life, no matter how small, do it!

Oh... one more thing. Kim and Xanthe are offering another session of this course in August. Even if you've taken other courses, you will love this one.

Well, it's back to work for me this week. It was so good to take a break and work on creative things. I'm so inspired - isn't that a great way to end the week?

Photobucket

4 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed your vacation time. You are so organized. Wishing you a great new week. Tammy

Carol said...

Love the binder, very cheery. I should get out and see what other treasures the stores have stocked their shelves with for the back-to-school shoppers.

Marrianna said...

Thank you, Sharon, for posting about the online course you just completed. I couldn't take it this time around and now that I know how well it went for you, I'll sign up in August. I may have to ask you for copies of notes if I don't get them all written down from the videos.

I'm just getting ready to read one of my PhotoShop books about layers so I can get the idea of layer masks figured out. This one has eluded (sp?).

I found out about a place in Phoenix, 150 miles south of Flagstaff, that is basically an indoor style flea market held monthly for 4 days on the 3rd weekend. Guess what I plan to do in the fall when it cools down? I learned about it from Karen Valentine's blog.

BTW, I loved your recent photos taken outside and posted on your blog. They are so clear and beautiful. We are in the middle of our monsoon season and it's quite cold with the much needed rain.

You continue to be an inspiration to me both with your photographs and your delightful simplicity on your blog. Love your photos. Thank you.

Barb said...

What a great idea to save all this amazing info in a binder! I love your colour palette!