Monday, July 23, 2012

Burlingame Ave Storefronts


Burlingame Avenue, Burlingame, CA

While I was waiting for my car last week (two recall notices!), I walked along the nearby shopping district window shopping. Such a pretty street!


Originally an old shopping area from decades ago, it's now gone upscale with little boutiques plus stores like J. Crew, Gap, Pottery Barn and Banana Republic. 


Luckily, there are still independent stores although I was shocked to see so many closed stores. As leases are up, the rents are getting raised. Still, it's a nice street with many restaurants. You can get almost any kind of food. One of my favorites happens to be Copenhagen Restaurant and Bakery, where I get Swedish pancakes stuffed with fresh strawberries. 

Texture Tuesday
All of the above photos were processed using two layers of Luminous (one at 38% opacity and the second at 38% but with the center erased at 100%), a texture from Kim Klassen. Today's Texture Tuesday theme is "outdoors" - you can see many more at Kim Klassen Cafe where textures and photos connect. 

Photobucket

13 comments:

Carol said...

Burlingame Ave is so lovely, I would like to stroll the avenue too.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Hey Sharon, what a beautiful street it is. I love how the pots are lined up outside the doorways ... great angle, for such a pretty shot. I love unique, individual shops ... rather than all the big name manufacturers. Pottery Barn is nice to look at but the prices are outrageous. Have a great week. Tammy

Kia said...

A beautiful street and lovely texture work. :)

Sarah Huizenga said...

what a lovely shopping district. The swedish pancakes sound yummy:)

Stephanie said...

Nice work on the photos. I would love to stroll on this street.

Nicki said...

Love the doorway pots. Our little village has hanging flowers and pots up and down the streets, but sadly too many of the stores are vacant, succumbing to the mall. I often wish that the owners would lower the rent and try to generate more merchants - but I guess that doesn't help pay the utilities.

Rosemary Aubut said...

Beautifully done! Very nice processing!

Barb said...

What a beautiful street - you have captured it so well!

Pat said...

Beautiful. I love the flowers outside each shop.

Evelyn S. said...

Your POV of the storefronts is so lovely! What a beautiful street! As for empty stores...California has been hit really hard by the recession, hasn't it?

kimB said...

Wow - what a lovely street to hang out in and wait for your car to be repaired! Such pretty storefronts :)I'd love to spend a few hours strolling though such a beautiful and colorful place. Thanks for sharing!

Sensible Sarah said...

Such a lovely place! I could spend my whole day there just writing about what I see! Such fabulous photo's!

Thanks for sharing!

Ciao Bella
Sensible Sarah

knitalatte said...

Hi,
I stopped by from August Break. Beautiful blog with some great photos. I enjoyed my visit here.