Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A New White Bird Cage

 My latest find... oh, how I love a bargain. I happened to be at Michaels looking for something when I chanced upon this black bird cage. The price tag read $24.95 but there were an awful lot of items on sale as they are clearing out for the new autumn stock. 

I had a clerk scan it and whoa.... it was $4.99! But, I had a 25% off coupon so I got it for $3.74. I promptly brought it home and painted it a distressed antique white.


Now, I know I've been in my downsizing and de-cluttering mode but it was just so darn cute with that little bird on top. Since the investment was not large, I decided to get it.


Do I have a space for it? Hmmm.... not really, yet. I may have to displace something else for a while.


Oh, did I mention that I also had to buy these sparkly little glitter birds? It's not quite a birdcage without a bird. Truth: I bought a set of these birds last week and just had to get more. Too sweet to pass up!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Well, you can't beat the price, that's for sure. Great little purchase that you have spruced up nicely. Have a fabulous day. Tammy

Rustique Gal said...

Sharon, that is adorable, and I would have had to buy it too! I love the distressed white. I have an oldish brown one that must be painted white!
Love the look.
Enjoy,
Hugs,
Sherry

The Liberty Belle said...

Oh what a great find! It looks so nice painted white.

Roxi -Coppercurls Designs said...

You've given me ideas! Thanks. (BTS)

Nicki said...

perfect!

Becky said...

I love a bargain! Great job transforming the birdcage.