Monday, June 18, 2012

A Peony A Day

Above photo processed with Happy Heart texture by Kim Klassen for Texture Tuesday.
It's still peony season and one of the things I love is how different they can be as seen here.


Here's the same photo as above without a texture applied. So fun to change it up with textures!


My current bunch of peonies are all light pink unlike this surprise bunch.



Last weekend, they had all white peonies at Trader Joe's but I passed them up only because I still had a lot of flowers left at home. 


However, I'm going to be looking for them this weekend! I'm not sure when the peony season ends so I'm trying to maximize the opportunity while I can. And then? Hmmm....gerbera daisies!

Photobucket

12 comments:

Henrietta Hassinen said...

I so love peonies, these are gorgeous. Peonies are like feather pillows as soft:)

sarah said...

My mother has planted peonies, they are her very favorite. Each year she says "Sarah! Hurry! Get pictures before they're gone!" :) I like how full they are, always so pretty when grouped.

Sommerfugl Design said...

Lovely flowers. I really like the photo with texture.

Pat said...

A beautiful bunch of pink and white peonies!

Heather said...

Beautiful Love the setup and the texture!

geetlee said...

So very pretty! I agree, I love how you set the shot up.. the window behind adds so much to this image. Very inspiring xoxo

kimB said...

I love peonies and yours are gorgeous! Great processing :)

Michelle said...

Georgous peonies, nice texture work. Ialso like the use of the green criss-cross towel and how the green stems minick it.

kammkphotography said...

Wonderful post and edits, I love Peonies.

StarletStarlet said...

I just planted 5 peony plants last month. Although I missed their blooming season, I cannot wait for next year's!!

But overall, I'm not sure when the season ends, I surely would love it if they're your round =D

Rustique Gal said...

Sharon, Such pretty pictures! My peony thrilled me this year with 8 big heavy blossoms, bright lush fucia. I thought I'd bought a sweet soft light pink. I love surprises! Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Sherry

Ivy and Elephants said...

Such really beautiful photos! I see that you study your craft, and it shows. The flowers are gorgeous!
New follower,
Patti