Sunday, June 24, 2012

My Summer Bedroom

 My favorite time of year -- summer. My bedroom fills with light and the sun streams in during the afternoon. Each day, I'll find Gracie cat-napping here soaking up the rays.

This is the only room that is a shade off-white in my house. I really love color and all other rooms are painted in warm colors including yellow, green and taupe (or hot chocolate, as I like to call it). That being said, I wouldn't mind having more rooms in white as I really like white rooms with white furnishings also. At the time I painted my house, I got around to all the rooms except this one and then realized that it didn't need to have a warm color so it works for me as is. It also helps when I do photography in here as I don't get all those color casts on my photos. 

 Yes, pink is still my favorite color and I've not grown tired yet of my Rachel Ashwell Shabby Chic bedroom. The cathedral ceiling adds a spaciousness and allows for more light to filter through the top window. With the floral theme, small touches of spring green are dotted throughout.

 Touches of happy - that's what I decorate with.

The three cones are made with vintage and French style papers. Another lucky find at a garage sale by a home stager in my neighborhood last summer. 

 We have a pretty good flea market at a local community college each month. The boxed set was a purchase from a vendor selling new household decor at great prices.

  Aside from the two pine pieces, there are two white tables and a white bookcase. I'd love to have all white furnishings, but just haven't been motivated to paint the pine.

Under this bedside table, I keep my stack of reading material. If you looked, you'd find lots of magazines and some books, plus a notebook or two and a pen. You never know when you might need to job down a thought or two after you've gone to bed!

Gracie loves our bedroom, too. It takes about an hour to get the sheets changed because she hops right up for a nap before I can complete it. She does look a bit sleepy, doesn't she? She and I will enjoy our light and airy bedroom for the rest of the summer. Once summer is over, we don't get the fabulous afternoon sun so much but it's the one thing I look forward to each year. And I know Gracie does too.

Photobucket

8 comments:

Nicki said...

How lovely and so very summery.

Denise said...

Wonderful!I would be very happy to have that room as is.Just love it.

Melanie Statnick said...

LOVE. That is all..LOL

June said...

hat a beautiful bedroom Sharon. Now that's a lovely place to get some sleep and snuggle with Miss Gracie.
hugs...

Tammy said...

Hi Sharon, your bedroom is so pretty and neat and tidy. Boy, I need to clean and organize around here. Too much stuff. I used to change out our bedding for the different seasons, but haven't done it lately. I bought an Indian quilt a couple of years ago on our trip there and love it so much that I just keep it on the bed all the time. That cathedral ceiling is fabulous. Really gives the room a spacious feel. And I can see that Gracie has a perfect spot on the dresser for gazing out the window. :) Have a fabulous new week. Tammy

Marrianna said...

Lovely room and great photos, Sharon. The cathedral ceiling is fantastic. Thank you for sharing a piece of your home, and Gracie, with your loyal fans.

Marrianna in
Flagstaff, AZ, where we are hoping and praying for RAIN to cool things down.

Rustique Gal said...

Sharon, I love your summery bedroom. All your light colors and pinks everywhere are so pretty. Miss Gracie looks totally in love with your bed as my Snuggles is with mine. Cats rule! I hope my next place is more quiet so I can enjoy a room with windows. Mine is rather cavelike in comparison! When it got too noisy here I burrowed myself into a small space in the middle of the house-it is dark and quiet. Works for me here, but it's not ideal! Have a great week,
Hugs,
Sherry

silke3d said...

Hi Sharon ...

thank you for dopping by my blog :) and i am glad i found ur blog too ... this is fab and inspiring too ... u are into photography too, and your summer bedroom is my dream bedroom ... oh how much i wish i can have that kind of bedroom ...

will definitly be droppin by here every now and then :D