Thursday, May 10, 2012

Too Sweet

All photos processed with textures from Kim Klassen Cafe

Ohhhh, last weekend we had this yummy strawberry cake. Yes, Gracie did manage to hop on up and lick a portion of the whipped cream frosting. Hmmm, I think I must post a photo of that this weekend as she was just too funny and too cute. And yes, I do have to photograph any dessert that comes into this house before it gets eaten.


The wonderful thing about ranunculus (my new fav flower) is that it changes in so many ways during its short life in a vase. So many more opportunities to photograph it in different ways. 



They even look wonderful once they are past their prime. I just take them from the vase and allow them to dry like this one here. Of course, some cat did decide that it must be a cat toy and it was in multiple pieces when I came back into the room. No matter, there were plenty more.


This was just too cute not to post. Once again, Gracie took over the table I was setting up to shoot on. Totally worth it to get this! Oh, how I love this cat...
Photobucket

10 comments:

LeAnne said...

The flower looks as yummy as the cake! Beautiful work! Thanks so much for linking up with flower art Friday!

Nicki said...

I am on a mission to find some of those flowers - Farmer's Market, here I come! As for photographing all food before it is eaten, I'm pretty sure it is written somewhere in the camera warranty that you hereby agree to and will uphold your photographic duty to photograph any and all "pretty" food with this camera or the warranty will be null and void. I'm pretty sure! (wink wink!)

Andrea Dawn said...

Lovely image . . . perfect word to match with it.

Deborah said...

great images and the love of ranunculus I shared with my Mother.

June said...

Oh Sharon, I just adore your photography!!! I read your last two posts and the photos are so dreamy...not to mention a cute cat and a yummy cake that I would like to lick as well. I can totally understand Miss Gracie having to do a little taste testing.
hugs from here...

Ida said...

Your Ranuncula bloom is so pretty, such a soft delicate photo. I love seeing one dried. Do be careful about allowing kitty to eat them as they may be toxic (check them out).
That cake looks heavenly and your kitty is just precious.

Marrianna said...

I agree with everything already posted. The cake looks yummy and Miss Gracie is such a sweetie pie. Love your photography and the wonderful simplicity of your post today. Thank you so much. You continue to be an inspiration.

Marrianna

Happy Homemaker UK said...

I found you via BYW group :) I love our kitty too - I can't stop taking photos of him! We are new to being cat owners (always had dogs) and we are surprised how much we are enjoying him. Your newest follower, Laura

Pieces of Sunshine said...

Each of your photos is beautiful - your first is so inviting.

Kristy LifenReflection said...

this is gorgeous, I just had to stare for a while ;)