Thursday, May 3, 2012

Floral Art Close Up


Yes, I know that I've been posting lots of floral images lately. And I admit to some kitty posts as well. I promise you that is not all that I am about. It's just that it's Spring. And that means a wealth of beautiful flowers. And since when could I resist photographing them? I have photos that go back years demonstrating my affection for documenting every flower that has come into my life. 

What makes me swoon and my knees go weak? Flowers.  


I have probably a thousand photos of flowers I've taken recently. Wow, I sound like a hoarder, don't I? I do want to keep every photo, it's like they are all my children. 

The farmer's market is my downfall. Such wonderful locally grown flowers, just calling out to me. And then there's Trader Joe's that usually has a great selection at great prices. Oh my, I can't wait to see what flower will be coming home with me this weekend.


Leanne at the blog Photos By Leanne recently started Flower Art Friday. Check out her site to see beautiful flower photos and art through her linkup. Last week there were 20 participants and it's sure to grow. It's a place where we can all swoon over beautiful flowers.


Photobucket

7 comments:

Special 'K' said...

Amazing pics beautiful blooms and wonderful colour. What more could we ask for. Thanks for sharing. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

Jeanne said...

These are really lovely1 they make you wonder what is just beyond the view of the lens

LeAnne said...

I am swooning over these! So many flowers to photograph and so little time!

Deanna said...

lovely, lovely flowers and such gorgeous colors...

Pam said...

These are all gorgeous! Like you, I am a sucker for flowers, especially the up close and personal shots of them.

Anki-itte said...

I also take a hundreds of photos of my flowers. I like these pictures, the first one is wonderful.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

The bloom photographs are so beautiful and yes, with Spring there, why not show the flowers off.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn