Monday, April 16, 2012

Every Day a Holiday


So it's not Valentine's Day, but we can all use a little love, right? This "love" sign hides a little vignette of favorite items in a box. I think of it as a screen, just like you would use a room screen to hide a portion of the room. This helps to have a less cluttered look and I can always peek behind the screen.


Nearby the love sign, I see that I still have my Valentine display on the birdcage. Hmm... maybe it's time to change it out but I really like the vintage style postcards on it. They even have glitter - oooooh!


Speaking of holidays, yes, that's a little feather Christmas tree smack-dab in the middle. It's a holiday all year long at my house. 


I picked up this cup and plate holder at the flea market a few years ago. You can use them to display all kinds of things; I have another one that holds rolls of crepe paper. And I just noticed there is another Valentine's item here on display!


Wow - The yellow card on the lower right is an Easter card (those are bunnies on the cover). I can see that I have a theme going on here today so I'm going to go with it. 

We've just covered Valentine's, Christmas and Easter all on display in my creative space. Why not incorporate the holidays into your space if it makes you happy?  Holiday or not, if it's pretty or has special meaning, there's no reason to take it out just once a year. Having things around that you love adds an extra joy to the day. Now go dig out something special and display it proudly!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

Loved seeing your displays of wonderful and pretty treasures.
The little cards look so pretty and yes, I agree it makes one happy to have lovely things around.

Happy new week
Hugs
Carolyn

June said...

I'm definitely feeling the love in your post today Sharon : ) What a lovely vignette!
I LOVED the amazing photos in your previous post of the ranuculus!!!!
sending hugs...

Marrianna said...

Sharon, Your blog and your photos are always an inspiration to me. I have been on the hunt for silk peonies and finally found ONE bouquet at Pier 1 Imports yesterday. Check my blog for my first photographic attempts. I am so happy that you love peonies and turned me on to their romance.

Marrianna