Sunday, April 29, 2012

A "10" Weekend

Photo processed with textures by Kim Klassen

Top 10 Weekend Highlights

1. Shopping at the Farmer's Market

2. Lunch at Nordstrom's

3. Preparing a pasta and soup dinner for my mom and sisters

4. Playing a game after dinner

5. Relaxing in the sun next to Gracie

6. Photographing more Spring flowers (and Gracie too!)

7. Watching instructional videos on Kim Klassen's Cafe

8. Catching up on reading The American Way of Eating plus assorted magazines

9. Reading the Sunday paper while eating Swedish pancakes with strawberries

10. Putting my Spring bedding out and the winter bedding away until winter



Yes, I was able to do some reading this weekend including the new issue of Artful Blogging. Each story is so inspiring and the photos are beautiful. I'm also enjoying The American Way of Eating which takes a look at where our food comes from and the effects on the workers. It's very eye opening when the author goes undercover working in the produce fields. Now, if I can only finish it soon as I just reserved two more books from the library. So much to do, so little time!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Rustique Gal said...

Hi Sharon,
Sounds like a super weekend! I am interested in the book you mentioned, as I have been reading "In Defense of Food" by Michael Pollan and others. It is pretty scary what we have done to American food and farmers. So I am really excited by the farmers markets, veg. stands, CSA's and coop stores coming more and more to my area. Lots of local meat growers too. It has to start from home, I think!
Hugs to you and Miss Gracie,
Sherry

Marrianna said...

Sharon,

As always, I love the simplicity of your posts and the simplicity of your photos. Thank you.

I read the first comment about American food. I don't think I want to even go there. However, I do like a farmers market when we have them in the summer months here in Flagstaff. Since I am eating more fruits and veggies, I plan to make a budget line item for a weekly Sunday trip to the farmers market. I'll make sure and take photos and post on my blog.

Now if we could only get a flea market. But then I'd be in more retail therapy debt and I don't need that.

I'm loving Kim Klassen's Beyond Layers II online workshop. I hope to try the Tuesday Texture later today and post on my blog.

Thank you so much for bringing a little bit of San Francisco to this high and dry desert country.

Marrianna