Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Happy Heart Day


Today we are using the texture "happy heart" for Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesday. I layered on another texture with it to achieve this look. This photo makes my heart happy because my beloved Miss Gracie is in it. She's such a photo-shoot kitty - can't resist getting in the picture, especially if it involves food. She didn't care for the meringues though, she much prefers cupcakes!


And where did the meringues come from? Work, of course. There's always food lying around in the kitchen. When I see photo-worthy food, I nab it and bring it home to shoot.


I love the softness of this photo. It was taken in the late afternoon when the sun comes around the side of my house and lightly filters into the bedroom. I desaturated the colors to accentuate the softness. As spring and summer approach, this becomes Gracie's favorite place to spend the afternoons. And who can blame her? There's nothing like a cat nap stretching out in the sun!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

Lovely photos, Sharon, so soft and beautifully textured !
And Miss Gracie is so cute !
Nice evening,
Sylvia

Sherri B. said...

I love the soft colors in your photos...so beautiful! These are fantastic, and your kitty is gorgeous, too. :)