Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Getting Ready for Spring


It's time to work with textures on photos again. Yes, it's Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesday today. The challenge was to just show a favorite photo of the moment with any of Kim's textures. Since Spring is on it's way, I chose these recent photos that feel very springy to me.


Different textures were used on each but I really like the way this appears to be a painting. And since a full week of rain is currently forecast to begin tomorrow in the Bay Area, it's very apropos. I just hope this weekend's flea market is not rained out; I've been looking forward to it since last month's. I just know there is something with my name on it!


Yes, I admit I like to dress up. It was very fun to put on this vintage gown that I picked up last May at the Pleasanton Antique and Collectibles Faire. The dress was so dreamy, I just had to buy it. Two ladies who saw me looking at convinced me it was made for me. They then proceeded to negotiate a better price with the vendor because they really wanted me to have it. At that point, I had no choice but to take it home, just waiting for a reason to put it on. I'm getting quite a collection of vintage gowns - they just make me happy.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Nicki said...

Love the composition of your first shot and excellent application of texturing.

Sharon said...

The colors are beautiful -- soft yet lively. I especially love the first photo, with its softness and the angle from above.

June said...

Sharon these photos are GORGEOUS!!! You are killer in that dress!!!!
hugs...

Laurie said...

These are beautiful. Love the color in the flowers. I especially like the perspective in the first image.