Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Little Randomness


Random Notes

Last weekend I visited my mom and brought her some of her favorite flowers - daisies. Flowers are always certain to please, whether it's just a bud or a bouquet. They bring a smile to my face each time I look at them. Then again, there are some who'd rather eat them (yes, I'm referring to Nippy my black and white tuxedo cat). 


Mom would not be too happy knowing I posted these photos of her as I didn't give her a chance to freshen her makeup or hair. However, considering she is just less than two months away from 82, I think she still looks terrific. While I was there, I scored a vintage black feathered hat in the original Emporium hat box. She wore it with a black suit in the late fifties or early sixties. Mom has always loved hats but long gone are the days when ladies wear hats each time they go out. No, it's so much more casual today. However, she still has a hat collection and loves to wear a beret.



Do you use Pinterest? The oddest thing is happening. In the last week, I have received over 800 emails notifying me each time someone "likes", repins or comments on one of my pins. Before that, I received several each week but nothing like this. I can't figure out what is going on. Has that happened to any of you? It's quite an addicting site and you can spend a lot of time viewing fabulous images and creating boards. Well, I guess I'll just continue pinning away!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Marrianna said...

Hi Sharon,

I may be one of the culprits via Pinterest. The other evening, I read the directions for adding the "Pin It" button to my Favorites bar. I've been pinning blogs as best I can ever since. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it will just post a photo from the blog. Since I love the look of your blog, I "pinned it" earlier this week.

While I personally haven't gotten a ton of emails that people are pinning my pins, I believe some people have found blogs that I like, yours for example, and pinned them. I even know some of my followers. That's a surprise.

I recently read an article from the BlogHer email that a person can "pin" their own photos and blog as a way of getting people to notice them. Sort of a social networking thing.

Anyway, I love the daisies and your mom looks wonderful in the photo. Congratulations on scoring the black hat, too.

Marrianna

engagement rings said...

I suppose if people are talking about you or linking to you it is a good think. Not sure what it is to Pin someone but this wonder web is changing daily.

Deanna said...

Your Mom looks terrific...we should all be so fortunate to look like that at 82.

Milady Leela said...

Sharon I adore Pinterest!!!!! Just pinned the lovely pink doughnut you photographed♥ Say hi to Miss Gracie for me and by the way, Your Mom is so beautiful!

Ellie said...

Your mom is gorgeous. I would never in a million years dream she was 82.