Sunday, February 5, 2012

Quite a Pear


The Bosc pear. A fabulous pear. Hard to believe, but I've only recently discovered it. While at Whole Foods Market a month or so ago, they had samples of various fruits sliced for the shoppers. Hungry as I was, I ate one slice. Was I surprised! It was firmer than the usual Bartlett pear I was used to eating, but just as flavorful. Since then, I've been buying them each week. They last much longer and don't get so mushy. 

Coincidentally at the same time, Trader Joe's was sampling a wonderful cheese from Holland that had caramelized onions in it. It was paired with small rosemary raisin toast crackers that perfectly complemented it. Add the Bosc pear and viola! What a wonderful appetizer or snack.  It's become my go-to appetizer for the Golden Globes, SAG awards and perhaps Oscars too. Be sure to try the Bosc pair while they are still in season!

Photobucket

1 comment:

T's Daily Treasures said...

The combination of that cheese with the cracker and a pear sounds absolutely delightful. Give me a glass of Chardonnay and I'd be happy as a lark. :) Best wishes, Tammy