Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas From the Cat


 Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy Holidays!

We had a scrumptious turkey dinner last night courtesy of Whole Foods Market. Yes, I go for ease but they really have the best turkey I've ever tasted. This time I just bought the turkey breast instead of the whole bird, and it was the juiciest, most tender turkey breast I ever had. After we gave thanks to Mr. Turkey for providing our meal, we dug in and stopped just short of being full. Instead of the pumpkin pie and whipped cream that was waiting, we opted for oranges instead. Today the pumpkin pie will be an appropriate dessert but even then it's hard not to overeat with all the rich holiday food.

Miss Gracie and I slept in, with her joining me under the covers to keep warm. After breakfast, she spent much of the day herding me to the space heater I'd left on for her in my room. And if I left the room? She would follow me back and give me that sad look. Just to make her happy, my sister, Nippy the other cat, and I stayed in there in the afternoon with her. As I like to say, it's all about cat happiness!


Miss Gracie had spent the morning with another sad cat face because she wanted to use the iPad although my sister had it most of the day. Sis was downloading some holiday apps and having fun. Gracie wanted fun, too. In the evening, we gave the iPad back to her with her favorite game on it. Lo and behold, it had bright colorful bulbs all around the border of the cheese just for Christmas!

Not that she noticed, mind you. As long as that mouse is running around the cheese, Miss Gracie is purring loudly and happy. Ah, yes. A little cat happiness for Christmas.

Photobucket

6 comments:

My Grama's Soul said...

I have to tell you Sharon.....Miss Gracie has the PRETTIEST CAT FACE!!!!

xo

Jo

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

Glad that you had a merry Christmas and love that Miss Gracie plays her own game on the ipad.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

Marrianna said...

Oh, Sharon, thanks for the sweet and fun Christmas update and photos. Merry Christmas.
Marrianna

T's Daily Treasures said...

We downloaded Cat Fishing for Jingles but she was not impressed. :/ I kept chasing her around with the iPad trying to get her to play with it but she would have none of it. I don't eat meat, but heard that for Thanksgiving and Christmas, there were no turkeys to be found here so a lot of people had to opt for something else. My girlfriend came back from New Mexico on the 22nd and actually carried back a 20 lb frozen turkey in her luggage, along with stuffing, cranberries, etc., so her family could have a Christmas dinner with all the fixens. I still need to make a pumpkin pie. Happy rest of the week to you and blessings for the new year. Tammy

Draffin Bears said...

Happy New Year, Sharon to you and Miss Gracie.
Wishing you all the best for a wonderful 2012.

Hugs
Carolyn

June said...

Hi Sharon,
I think it sounds like the pur-fect day! I remember the video clip of Miss Gracie playing her ipad game last year. It was hilarious to watch!
I want to wish you the happiest New Year and to your Miss Gracie, Nippy and your sweet sister!!!
sending much love,
June