Sunday, December 11, 2011

Holiday Cupcake Love


Some of you know that I love to photograph cupcakes, especially those from Whole Foods Market. Why? Because they are always works of art! Yesterday, I spied this snowman cupcake among their holiday desserts and took him home with me.


I set him up with a few Christmas decorations so he'd feel right at home. 


He was just adorable and I managed to get some photos before Miss Gracie hopped up on the table. She is the best cupcake-sniffing kitty around. It doesn't matter where she is, she knows when the cupcakes come out. She left her warm sleeping spot atop the Comcast cable box in the next room and immediately began to figure out how she could taste the snowman.


When I wasn't looking, she hopped right into the scene and everything fell on my cotton batting snow.


Mr. Snowman didn't get hurt too bad; his scarf was smeared, some landed on his cheek and his carrot nose got smashed a bit.


It all happened so fast, but Gracie managed to get a tiny of his chocolate arm. I quickly took that away as chocolate is poisonous to cats but she managed to get a few licks in. And that I know only because she took a big bath afterwards.


Then she promptly found a space under the table I was working on. Did she want more snowman? Not sure, but in any case she always wants to be in the middle of the action when the camera and cupcakes come out.


In any case, Whole Foods Market still has the prettiest cupcakes around!


Photobucket

5 comments:

My Grama's Soul said...

What a cat!!!! BTW.......I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Whole Foods market.

xo

Jo

Marrianna said...

If we had a Whole Foods in Flagstaff, I'd pop in and look for the cupcake. Thank you for sharing. We do NOT have a Whole Foods, a Trader Joe's, or any of the other big and great health food stores up here in the North country. But we have a Barnes & Noble and I'll have to pay more attention to the decorated goodies.

Merry Christmas, Marrianna

BTW: haven't gotten the iPad yet but will have a chance to play with one from our college library for a few days.

Rustique Gal said...

Sharon, what a story, Poor Mr. Snowman reminds me of Mr. Bill of SNL fame. He was always getting abused. Miss Gracy reminds me of my Snuggles, who likes to be with me no matter what I'm doing, or if not, she steals my chair. Adorable pictures! Have a great holiday!
Hugs,
Sherry

Ada (new york) said...

the snowman cupcake is sooo pretty and what a strong one too : )

T's Daily Treasures said...

Oh my gosh! That is the cutest snowman cupcake ever. I saw on a blog the other day melted snowman cookies. Cute, cute, cute! My son got an iPad and I keep telling him to download games for Jingles but he hasn't done it yet. I am going to definitely get him to do that this weekend. Happy holidays to you and yours, Tammy