Sunday, November 6, 2011

Washi Tape - Colorful and Fun


Why use regular tape when you can use washi tape? "Scotch" tape has no color but washi tape not only comes in a multitude of colors, it also comes with designs, as well as solids. Polka dots and stripes were just too hard for me to resist.


When I was at the Creative Connection Event in September, I took a class on inspiration boards with Leslie Shewring of A Creative Mint. She had also taught a class using the washi tape, and we used some of it on our inspiration boards. 


It has lots of potential uses, so I bought some to take home. I plan on using it during the holiday season (that's why I bought the green, red and gold tape). Think how much fun your packages can be with these colorful and cool tapes. I'd love to get some fabric tape too, but since I'm in a simplify and downsize mode, I will have to resist. Besides, I think these tapes will last me for some time!


Photobucket

3 comments:

Kathryn @ TikiBoo said...

I really want to get some of this tape I've heard so much about!
I hope you're going to blog your creations!

Marrianna said...

I have several rolls of the Washi tape and your post is an inspiration to actually use it. I, too, am in a simplify and declutter mindset, however, it ain't happening yet. It will. I love this BYW ecourse that we both are taking. thanking for sharing your photos and inspiration.

Ada (new york) said...

I may be the only person on the planet that hasn't purchased any yet. I do LOVE the look (polka dots are my fav), just haven't ordered any .... yet.