Thursday, November 10, 2011

Seriously? Crafting With Cat Hair?


Crafting With Cat Hair? 

All photos from the book Crafting With Cat Hair.
Yes! Who knew you could actually make all kinds of creative things with your cat's fur. The little kitty finger puppet on the book cover is adorable.


Even the kitties seem to like the finger puppets.


Some of the things you can make include these book covers with cat designs made from fur.

And these fun boxes with little kitties on the sides and top. What do you need to make these items?



The major supply item = your cat! Hey, I have two never-ending suppliers at home. I'm not sure if there's a way to collect it from the carpet though, I think you have to actually brush it off the cat. Wouldn't that be fabulous if you didn't need to vacuum? 

I admit that this book sounded a bit crazy when I first heard the title, but after seeing some of the photos inside I could not help but say "awww". The cats are as cute as the craft items inside and who can resist cute cat photos? 

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to see if Miss Gracie and Nippy might be interested in being brushed tonight. 

Photobucket

5 comments:

Leanne said...

I sent this to my crafty friend who has cats :) Thank you for sharing!

Ada (new york) said...

I run ran into this book at the bookstore. The titel did take me by surprise .. I went from eeewww to wow.

Noreen said...

That is a riot! The pictures are adorable, though, and the little crafts are cute. I agree with you about the cat hair on the carpet, though. Thanks for the smile.
Noreen
p.s. Just found you through byw, and sorry to say goodbye.

kate said...

HA ! The person who wrote this book is SO resourceful. Pet hair is an ongoing problem in my home and it makes me smile to see someone dealing constructively lol !

Kate

lauren bergman said...

This is AWESOME! I will probably never get to it, but it is now on my to do list: "make adorable felt toys out of the cats' hair". Maybe it will motivate me to brush my two kitties more frequently. I love your blog - I'm stopping by from the BYW class.
P.S. Gracie is precious!