Sunday, October 9, 2011

Getting Organized Step by Step


Last weekend, I had a garage sale to clear out  a lot of my stash. Now, I can see much of the things I love better as there is less clutter (although I really liked that clutter!). I didn't think I'd be able to let go of any of my ribbon, but once I pulled out the first drawer and began, I was able to let go of some of it. However, all my very best favorite ribbons remain although I could certainly downsize by half again.


My little velvet bookmarks are dangling free.


And the glittery ornaments are calling to me. Does this look like a Christmas ornament? Well, I'll let you in on my secret. It certainly is and it's not the only Christmas ornament that adorns my home. Why wait until December? If it brings you joy, then it should be out where you can see it.


My favorite Somerset magazines have all traveled back to a space where they are orderly and easily accessible. 


A happy space = a happy home. 

Oh, I'm not done yet. No, I have a long ways to go and as I sit here, I am surrounded by paper calling me to straighten and file it. 

But it's a start. 

Now, I just need to maintain my motivation and keep at it. How on earth did I accumulate so much? I am definitely turning over a new leaf. Next step: call Goodwill tomorrow!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Jo said...

congratulations!!! destashing can be really challenging and it's amazing the things we humans like to collect and surround ourselves with.