Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Time for School


It's hard to believe that summer is almost over. Well, if we had more summer-like weather, I might feel differently. But, school is already in session in many areas. Wouldn't you like to take these pink and orange pencils to school?



Back to school means it's time to hit the books. I mourn the day that actual books disappear. Is it possible that one day we'll only read books on digital devices? I hope not, I have too many fond memories of growing up with books: reading to my little sister, hiding under the covers while reading Nancy Drew (yes, I was scared of what might happen next!), joining the reading club at the library during summer vacation. 

There's nothing like holding a paper book in your hands, turning each page anxiously awaiting what's next, and using the receipt as a bookmark. Oh yes, the digital books might look pretty on the screen, but I'm not ready to jump into the digital world 100% just yet.

All images created using textures by Kim Klassen for Texture Tuesday.
Give me a good old fashion pencil and a notebook and I'm a happy camper. What about you?

Photobucket

11 comments:

Barb said...

Love the DOF on all your photos and colours and textures are beautiful!

Lauri said...

Oh, special pencils (meaning not regular yellow), love, love, love them and your textures.
I agree with you paper and pencil any day of the week.

Deanna said...

Love this post, your images as well as your words. Nothing better than a pretty new pack of pencils to start the new school year.

Pat Mark said...

I would of loved to have beautiful pencils like this, I can just smell the sharpener in the class as you rolled it to get the point just right. Nice work.

Cathy Spivey Mendola said...

Beautiful photos! And I also hope we never get to the point that books are obsolete. I love to hold a book in my hands and turn the pages. I never want to stop reading the 'old fashioned'' way!

Sylvia said...

So beautiful !
Like the pencils, they have a lovely color !
And I agree, I love books too :-)
Give Miss Gracie a hug,
Sylvia

Linda Makiej said...

Wonderful work!!
Happy back-to-school season!!

Ruth said...

Just wonderful photo's! I love the dof in the macro's and I'd love those pink pencils! It was all rather boring when I was at school!!!

Kim Klassen said...

oh my!! how wonderful!! love this post... xxo

Amarie said...

Ooooh, yes, those are lovely pencils! Love your shot of them!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

What a beautiful beautiful post! I feel the same - I hope that books are always around. I shall always love them. I, too, savored Nancy Drew as a girl. I always had my nose in a book. I say BAH to digital books. I'll never own an e-book reader and am proud to say that!