Sunday, August 7, 2011

Peonies!


One of my new favorite flowers is the peony. About a month ago, I finally bought a bunch at my local Trader Joe's. What a surprise they were!


Who knew they went through so many stages of flowering? Not I, certainly!


They are such soft, frilly, lovely flora specimens. 


I love the different shades of white, pink and yellow that appeared.


Each stage brought new colors and a new look.


I'm already looking forward to next Spring again!


Even Miss Gracie had to discover the new flowers. 


Of course, I still love my gerbera daisies, tulips, pansies and roses...


but now I love peonies, too.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

Love the pretty pink peonies.
I was like you and only recently discovered the gorgeous flowers.
I love them too.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

June said...

There IS NO more beautiful flower on the planet than the peony!
I love every one of your beautiful photos Sharon!
sending hugs...