Thursday, July 28, 2011

Make Classic Damask a Great Accent in Your Home


Are you an admirer of damask patterns? 


While I generally love color, I've found these sweet patterns in black and white are actually great companions pieces. You'll find fabrics, wallpapers and accessories in these intricate and antique patterns.


Since I have a lot of pink and white in my creative space, pieces such as file folders, mugs, file holders and boxes in the black and white pattens mix right in. 


You'll also find these patterns in colors but there is something quite classic about black and white. 


Did you know that damask patterns were first invented in the middle ages? That's amazing and they certainly have stood the test of time. You'll also see it quite in use during the Victorian era.


If you don't have any damask items in your home, pick up an item and try it out. I think you'll find yourself noticing more and more damask. You just might become a collector.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Faerie Moon Creations said...

I love it, too. A few years ago I found these lovely black damask rub-ons that I affixed to some creamy colored wide taper candles - the look is quite elegant. It is now a fixture of my October decor. :)

Rustique Gal said...

Sharon,
I've never used any damask in my decorating, but I'm loving the idea of the black with the pink. I am thinking green damask would be really pretty with my purple sofas. Something to think about!
Have a great week!
Hugs,
Sherry