Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries


Well, cherry season is just about over but the good news is it's heirloom tomato season! Are you enjoying the fruits of the summer? I got some fantastic peaches and Chandler strawberries at the farmer's market last weekend. Did you know there are several varieties of strawberries? Our market carries several and the Chandler's were so sweet this week. Even Nippy, my strawberry eating cat, loves them. 

There's also a corn vendor that brings in about 4,000 ears each week and it's the sweetest I've ever had. The line snakes around probably 30 deep as people wait in line. It comes from the central valley in Brentwood and trust me, it's worth it. The corn is as sweet as candy. So what foods are you enjoying this summer? And if it's winter in your part of the world, what are you cooking? 

Photobucket

4 comments:

T's Daily Treasures said...

At this very moment, I am having lentil soup with chunks of carrots and potatoes, seasoned with cumin and lemon juice. It's hot as heck outside but I am inside in my usual attire -- pajamas. Quick lunch break and then back to cleaning since hubby invited guests for the evening. I love tomato sandwiches with a side of chips. :) And you can't go wrong with strawberries however you serve them up. Have a great day. Tammy

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

I had a little bag of cherries, from your Country and they were delicious.
My husband went to get some groceries and saw them in the shop, probably paid too much for them but they were so good and all gone.
Enjoy your summer

Hugs
Carolyn

Sylvia said...

Hi Sharon,
Those cherries look delicious, I love the dark color ones :-)
Enjoyed your post about where you create, such a cosy room with lots of lovely things !
You asked what 'Moesj' means in English, I really don't know, according to Google translation 'Mummy'...
Wish you a nice weekend,
Sylvia

Faerie Moon Creations said...

My hubby is SO addicted to cherries. My favorites are strawberries and blueberries. When the weather is a little nicer out, we'll go picking blueberries and peaches. I love making peach pie and preserves...yum!