Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Few Favorite Photos


Another Tuesday, another day to use textures to create art from photos. Today's challenge for Texture Tuesday at Kim Klassen Cafe is to use a person in the photo. Well, if you know me at all, you know I can't resist a fairy and hence, this fairy child I happened to capture.


I pulled up this photo of mom that I took last December and added two textures. 80 years old and a bit sassy, don't you think? She's 81 now and just as fabulous. We had a great time together last weekend. I know she prefers sleeping in her own bed, but it's nice when she can stay for a few days. I enjoy cooking for her and she enjoys doing a little redecorating in my house. 

We're planning a trip to IKEA soon where she can stock up on herring and lingonberries and I'll stock up on Swedish pancakes. They have the best pancakes (aside from my mom's, of course!). Oh, and we'll stop by the cafe for a plate of Swedish meatballs. Actually, I could just eat the sauce it's so good. If you've been there, what's your favorite thing at IKEA? 

Photobucket

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

Lovely soft treatments for both your images. What a beautiful 80 year old!

Kathleen said...

I love these images -- they look like vintage tinted photographs. I had to laugh about the meatballs from IKEA! That's what I get whenever I go there... to tell you the truth, I could skip the meatballs and just have the gravy and mashed potatoes with the ligonberries!

T's Daily Treasures said...

Your mom is beautiful. We haven't eaten at Ikea in years. I go there for the candles and frames! :) Have a terrific day. Tammy

Miriam said...

Your mother is beautiful x Your textures are really lovely.
As for Ikea, Well, the sauce and the Lingonberries obviously, (forget the meatballs ) the Salmon, the prawns with that sauce! and then when I get to the shop the crackers, the little round disks of chocolate, the wine, and the frozen meatballs for 'my boys' !! great question.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

Love the photographs, your Mother looks very chic and the little fairy, so sweet.
We do not have Ikea here, wish we did.
I think you can order furniture, via another shop but have never done it.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

Trish - Sweetology101 said...

Hi there! These images are so soft and pretty, like your blog, I love it!! Your mom is lovely, I recently posted a birthday tribute to my mom so fun. I see you are joining the Mad Tea Party..so am I! Can't wait to have Tea this Saturday whooo hooo! ~ Trish
www.sweetology101.blogspot.com

Faerie Moon Creations said...

What fabulous photos!!!! Your mom looks amazing - I cannot believe she's 80!

NKM photos said...

Wow, your Mom looks stunning. 80? Really? Lovely photo and great application of texture. My kids love Ikea meatballs and cars (candy). We'll have to make a trip to stock up.