Friday, May 13, 2011

Treasure-Hunting Finds


Last weekend, I did a little garage-saling. A house I had been to last year that had fabulous finds had one again. She was a home stager and I've found they tend to have great items. Couldn't resist these paper cones with French writing.


Blue is really not my color but this beaded bowl called out to me. Likewise, the shabby chic style wire bowl will come in handy.


Lovely whites. The box may just go in my bathroom, or it could hold supplies in my creative space. So many possibilities. The strawberry table linen is perfect for Spring. I just need to keep Nipper, my black and white tuxedo, strawberry-eating cat off of it!


Since my kitchen is French country, I just had to pick up this picture of the chef. As you can see, I have yellow walls (with red accents), so he fits right in. Anything French interests me, so I picked up this little Paris sign as well.


The home owner remembered me from last year and had saved this cake for me. She came running out to me with it when I walked up. I had purchased all of her faux food last year since we use those for lobby displays at my place of work. And yes, I do have my own collection of faux food at home on my tea cart! You may know that my Miss Gracie jumps into all my photo shoots that involve food, especially real cupcakes and desserts. As you can see, even the faux food attracts her but there was no licking the frosting this time!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

I love all the treasures you came home and will be lovely around your home. the photo of your gorgeous kitty been tempted by the cake, is wonderful.

Happy weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Kathy said...

Wow Sharon, These are amazing finds - so happy for you,
Kathy

T's Daily Treasures said...

Hi Sharon, you found some lovely things for your home. I bet Miss Gracie is wondering why they look like strawberries but don't smell like strawberries !!!??? Have a great weekend. Tammy

Rustique Gal said...

Hey Sharon,
I'd love to head over to her house. She has great stuff, er you have great stuff now. I love the french papers and the sign and the white shabby bowl and....
Anyway, great post and pictures! Have a great week!
Sherry

Shanda said...

I have naughty kitties too! And love them. What a beautiful cake too.