Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Texture Tuesday or Tea Party Tuesday?


It's Tuesday and that means it's time to use some of the wonderful textures from Kim Klassen Cafe on our photos. Today's theme has us using a tea or coffee cup in a photo along with at least one of her textures. I've chosen to use the tea cup and hey, why not make it a tea party?

Some of you may recognize the tea cup as Royal Albert Country Roses. I still love this setting as much as I did when I purchased it 14 or so years ago.

The table is set and ready for you!

Silverware? How about goldenware?


Do you notice the direction of the light as it hits these teacups? I really like the way it hits.

Well, we might as well stop and have a break. Would you prefer the plain or chocolate dipped Madeleine?

Playing up the pink ribbon in this photo, I used two pink textures along with a brown one. It's just softly sweet.


We're about to have our dessert now, so let's refill our cups.


Oh, it's finally time for the pink princess cake! Why don't you just put your feet up while I cut you a slice? I hope you've been inspired today. Perhaps you'd like to try a texture on your photos, plan a little tea party (it's okay to just invite your animal friends!), or to find a quiet space to sip a cup of tea. Whatever you choose, enjoy your day!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Leah C said...

So very lovely!! Thank you for the tea party:)

Linda Makiej said...

Wonderful composition and texture work here!

Haddock said...

wow....you don't get to see such crokery now a days.

Mirage said...

You got a beautiful tea set, perfect for a vintage look and the bear at the first photo makes everything all the more adorable...

Anonymous said...

Sharon, all of these are amazingly wonderful. I really want a piece of that cake~ ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Great job! Happy Tues.
Melaine/patchworkprints2u

Jennifer@threedogsinagarden said...

Very nice!I like the opening photo and the stack of teacups especially. Your previous post with the bottles is amazing- the flowers in bottles look like artwork not photographs.

Buckeroomama said...

These textures do add a pretty vintage-y feel to them, don't they? :)

A Rosy Note said...

Such pretty photos! All of those treats look very yummy too :)

Cassandra said...

This is so lovely! Great job. The photos where lovely :)

Lynette Killam said...

I haven't been by for a while, but I'm so glad I got a chance to see this charming post. I never tire of Old Country Roses, either. As an indication that I'm definitely getting older, I still remember buying my first piece over fifty years ago...our local department store used to have $1.49 day sales, and one could buy a cup and saucer for that price. Times have certainly changed!

Your stunning photographs show off these pieces beautifully...I do especially like the play of light on the china...:)

Lynette
Imagination Lane