Sunday, May 29, 2011

Making the Most of My Holiday Weekend


I hope you are enjoying your holiday weekend. I am plum tuckered out right now! Today was spent at the Pleasanton Antiques & Collectibles Faire in Pleasanton, California. After a late breakfast, the sis and I headed out for a 50 minute drive to this quaint town. I am so happy with my (big) purchases but more on that later. Yesterday we visited with mom and brought her lunch and flowers. Of course, she thought I was a nut for taking 300+ photos of the little bunch of gerbera daisies. But wait until you see the gorgeous colors of that bunch! After I returned home, I continued taking some photos. The photo above was a little bit of a surprise. I happened to see the reflection of my room in the mirror and had to capture it.

In between activities, I'm watching old 1940's war movies in commemoration of Memorial Day (as opposed to cleaning the house!).  Last Memorial Day, we attended an event at Moffett Field that featured actual planes from WWII and tales from some of the men who fought. To learn more, you can read my post here. Right now, my baked salmon with dijon sauce, roasted mini purple, red and yellow potatoes with mushrooms, followed by asparagus from the farmer's market awaits me. And to think, there's still one more day to this holiday weekend!

Photobucket

4 comments:

raggygirlvintage said...

Sounds like a very fun weekend, look forward to seeing your treasures!
Tracey

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

How wonderful that you have a long weekend there, enjoy.
Glad that you were able to go to a fair and look forward to seeing what you brought home. Love the photo of your bedroom and the flowers.

Hugs
Carolyn

T's Daily Treasures said...

Sounds like you are enjoying the extra time off. Our summer vacation will begin very soon and I can't wait! Best wishes, Tammy

momphotographer said...

it sounds like you had a great day! good for you! and the picture is AMAZING. Love it!