Wednesday, May 4, 2011

An Inspiring Photography Workshop by Tracey Clark


Last weekend, I attended two fabulous photography workshops by Tracey Clark of the Shutter Sisters at Tea House Studio in Berkeley. The first day focused on indoor photography and day two covered outdoor photography. The biggest surprise? Tracey Clark is a hoot! She is such a funny, smart, talented down-to-earth lady. I feel so fortunate to have met her and taken her course as I've been participating in some of Tracey's classes on Big Picture Classes for the last year.

With a group of about 15 inspired and inspiring women, there was much excitement. The art studio was filled with light and an eclectic mix of items to photograph. We experimented with color, texture, angles, focus, light and more. It was fascinating to see how two people can photograph the same object yet wind up with such different images. The creativity oozed while people set up vignettes and shots before we shared them in the afternoon.

Something else happened last weekend, too. My mom turned 81 years old! Here she is just a few months ago, looking lovely as ever. I can only hope to look as good as her when I am her age. Must be those Swedish genes!


Happy birthday, Mom! I love you!

Photobucket

8 comments:

Indie.Tea said...

What a fun event (the photo class, that is)...
And your mom looks no where near 81, she looks at least 20 years younger and very chic and elegant.

T's Daily Treasures said...

What a beautiful mosaic of colorful images! Your mom is gorgeous ! And looking into her eyes is like seeing you in the future. :) Wishing you all the best, Tammy

Rustique Gal said...

Hi Sharon,
Happy Mothers'Day to your lovely Mom! I love your photo collage and envy you the great class. Enjoy your week!
Hugs,
Sherry

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

I love your beautiful photograph mosaic and must have been a fun class.
Happy birthday to your Mother, she is beautiful.

Happy weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Henrietta said...

81 no way she looks so young and she is really beautiful lady. I would like to look as good as she in that age. Greetings from Finland like almost from Sweden:)

Tina said...

I have just found your blog and am amazed at that lovely woman you call mom! 81? No way! I wish to age that well when I'm 60!!!
Lovely blog you have as well, looking forward to checking out the Tea House Studio this summer...I'm very close to the Bay Area:) thank you for sharing about your class there!

Marilyn said...

Wow! She looks incredible.

Clippingimages said...

It is right and doing good work. Thanks for sharing your nice information and the blog, please keep sharing.........