Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Few Garden Treats


This week's theme for Texture Tuesday is garden, a place I really need to spend more time. Several different textures were used on each of these photos.


My fairy friend watches over the garden. He looks a little wistful right now because his elfin fairy friend lost her wings and I've yet to glue them all back together. 


The reading fairy guards the front door. However, she rarely seems to look up. I know what's it's like to be so absorbed in a book.


The garden fence has the remnants of a birds nest hanging from it. Just this morning a hummingbird flew by it, taking some pieces for its own nest. Miss Gracie and Nipper were quite surprised and were a bit disappointed when it flew away. 


My new hydrangea bush just started to bloom this week. It was planted a few months ago and now has lots of buds, all ready to break into beautiful flowers. Finally!

Photobucket

12 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

Lovely to come and visit you and your garden today.
I love the texture of your pansies and hydrangea.
Happy week

Hugs
Carolyn

Evelyn S. said...

I wish hydrangeas like that would grow here; as it is, I have two hardy hydrangeas, but the deer eat them during the winter, and they don't flower very vigorously in the summer. Your garden inhabitants are lovely. Are those sand cherry blossoms in the reader's lap?

Linda Makiej said...

Beautiful texture work!!

followingsplendor said...

I love hydrangeas! I am waiting for mine to bloom--thank you for sharing your garden-lovely!

Lisa @celebrate CREATIVITY said...

Great photos. I love this kind of vintage look.

Pleasure to browse your blog too.

momphotographer said...

such a beautiful pictures. love every single one! it seems like an amazing place you've got there!

Julie Legg Photo said...

Wonderful vintage feel on your photos. I like the heart best.

Rustique Gal said...

Hi Sharon,
I just gotta say, your photos are just beautiful. I keep downloading these textures, but haven't plunged in and tried them. They do make the pictures mysterious, don't they? I love them!
Have a great week.
Sherry

ZMIERZCH LUNY said...

Beautiful!

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous series. I think I like the "reading fairy" best. Well, no, I like them all. Nice editing.

Diana said...

Wonderful photography! Your garden must be really beautiful.

Faerie Moon Creations said...

These photos are absolutely gorgeous! I love the soft romantic feel and vintage look. :)