Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Don't Think of It as Decluttering


This past weekend, I spent some time organizing and thinking about how to declutter some areas. It's always a challenge as a) I like a lot of the things that are in my space and b) it's really hard to let go of things. As I happened to be reading a huge stack of magazines (ahem, working on downsizing that pile), I came upon this page. Isn't that a lovely sentiment? You are actually filling it with possibilities as you declutter. I love that!

Photobucket

5 comments:

June said...

Oooh but it's so hard Sharon! I will try to think of that saying as they are prying things from me hands. LOL!
hugs from here...

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

I have that problem too, do not want to throw out anything.
It is hard when you have a lot of magazines and things.
good luck with your decluttering.
Thank you for the kind birthday note you sent.

Happy day
Hugs
Carolyn

Olivia said...

I am such a huge hoarder...its a problem! good luck with parting with all your stuff, hope you have more luck than i do! xx

Rustique Gal said...

Sharon,
That is a great way to think of it. My house is so stuffed, I can't find a bit of wall to do my stretching exercises on. Getting a dumpster seems a good idea, but I'd so rather sell some stuff. Looking into it! It is the sorting that is so hard!
Have a great time-I find that the sorting is sort of like opening Christmas presents!
Sherry

Faerie Moon Creations said...

That's such a great way to look at it. The next time I set about doing some "decluttering," I will keep this in mind! :) Theresa