Sunday, April 24, 2011

Memories of Easters' Past


Wishing all a happy Easter and Passover today. 


Can you guess which one is me? I'm the little one of the far left with the Easter basket in my hand. I can only guess that since I'm the only one with a basket in the photo, that I probably wasn't going to be too happy without it. My older sister is on the right in a matching dress and the other girls were our neighbors. 

Each Easter, we got a new Easter dress (matching for my sisters), shoes and hat. Oh, those were the days. A surprise basket with chocolates from See's Candies and colorful jelly beans and tiny foil wrapped chocolate eggs, dressing up for church, and a ham dinner in the evening. You can probably guess which part I liked best - yes, getting up in the morning to find the basket that the Easter bunny brought filled with goodies. 

I have to admit that I do pine for the old days. Things were just so much simpler then and holidays were more special. Luckily, my dad was a hobbyist photographer and I have wonderful old photos to remember those times. It's just not the same eating vegetarian tacos on Easter!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

I loved seeing the adorable photo of you with your Easter basket.
How sweet you all are.
My sister and I would always get new matching frocks too.

Happy Easter
Hugs
Carolyn

Tammy said...

Hi Sharon, love that photo. I figured that was you with the Easter basket. :) I have fond memories of Easter holidays growing up too but don't have any pictures to remind me of those times. :( I actually made tacos for the kids yesterday, but I had cornbread, blackeyed peas and potato salad for my dinner. Yummo! Wishing you a wonderful week ahead. Tammy