Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Flea Market Treasures


Boxes Galore

Last weekend's trip to the flea market proved successful with these finds. Just loving these pretty boxes, waiting to be filled with a little of this and that.


Almost Ready for a Party

A vintage pinkish/apricot colored cake stand was a wonderful find with its detailed design. A small saucer will be used to make a cupcake stand and the pink dish will hold trinkets. I nabbed the petite fork and ladle set by Reed and Barton as it was being eyed upon by others. It was so pretty with its decorative handles, I knew it had to come home with me. 


Buttons, Buttons and Bows

Oh, what fabulous buttons were awaiting me! Clear lavender, some rhinestone squares and a variety of styles. Add some tiny lavender flower bows and purple velvet flowers and it makes a wonderful package of buttons and bows.


New Animal Friends

One of my favorite finds was the chef pig. He looks right at home on my kitchen counter. Mr. Rabbit is ready for Easter and welcoming all in my home. The butterflies and pink birds will make sweet embellishments on cards sent to friends. And the rubber bunny-duck? Well, I couldn't resist this little fellow for a co-worker who collects ducks. She had helped me with a project last week and this was my little thank you for her.


Yes, Mr. Pig was a great find. Sometimes you just have to buy things that make you happy.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

I love all the treasures you came home with and yes, the dapper little French pig was a neat find.
the buttons are gorgeous too.

Happy day
Hugs
Carolyn

Faerie Moon Creations said...

These are FABULOUS finds! :) Luck you!! Theresa

T's Daily Treasures said...

Wow Sharon! I would say that you definitely came away with so many beautiful and wonderful things. Love those embellishments to be used by cards. And that duckbunny is the cutest! I know you will create something scrumptious with those pretty buttons. Have a fantastic weekend. Our Spring Break is over in two days. Boo! :) Best wishes, Tammy