Friday, April 1, 2011

April = Flea Market Time


Flea Market Time

Woo Hoo! This upcoming weekend is the monthly flea market. It's been several months (since last fall) since I've been, and it's been an intense week of work, so I am so looking forward to losing myself in the pursuit of treasures. 

Walking the entire market makes me feel like I'm getting exercise, too. However, I wore a pedometer once and was somewhat disappointed to discover it was not nearly as many steps as it felt. No matter, I'm out in the fresh air doing one of my favorite activities. And it's always followed by a trip to one of the larger Whole Foods Market stores for a delicious lunch. 

After last week's beautiful Spring flower purchase from Trader Joe's, I'm anxious to stop and get some more after the lunch. What a difference it made to have that lovely bunch of daffodils on my desk while I  worked on the new budget all week long. You just can't help but smile when faced with a bouquet of sunny, yellow flowers. 
Photobucket

4 comments:

Heather Joy said...

yay!!! Are you going to the Alameda Flea? I am too! I haven't gone since September. It seems to have rained every first weekend since!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

You are so lucky to be able to go to the fabulous flea markets, have fun!
I love all your beautiful photos and the new look to your blog.

Happy weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Rustique Gal said...

Sharon, I'm so glad you get to go to Flea Markets already. We're at least a month behind you. It is such fun walking and combing the booths. I find sentimental treasures everywhere. And flowers-I was given the prettiest bouquet on Thursday. It graces my cozy room, where I spend most of my evening time, brightens up my life! I'll be looking forward to doing it with daffodils when these are gone. Have a great week!
Sherry

Faerie Moon Creations said...

I love hitting up flea markets...there is always so much fun stuff to find! All the daffodils have started popping up in our yard...I'm so excited! Theresa