Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Another Day, Another Flower


I know I've been really focused on shooting flowers lately. But, it's Spring and what better time to buy flowers? When I enter Trader Joe's for my weekly shopping trip, they just seem to call my name. Into the cart they go as they make their way to my home where they add a little "happy" to any room. And out comes my camera because I just have to photograph them. This week ranunculus, next week who knows? This little guy was "nipped" out of the bunch by my dear sweet kitty Nipper. Little did I know how well this name would suit her!

This flower is actually much brighter with an orange hue, but by fading the color once I uploaded it into Picnik, it took on this beautiful vintage feel. Picnik is one of my favorite programs for photo effects - it's so easy that I find I'm using PSE much less these days. Have you tried Picnik yet?

Photobucket

6 comments:

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Absolutely lovely! It's so wonderful to have fresh flowers in the home. :) Theresa

PS How cute - my word verification is HELLO!

T's Daily Treasures said...

Hi Sharon! So very pretty indeed. Everything here right now is dull and dreary and dusty. Ugh! I need bright and beautiful and colorful. Nipper and Jingles are related as she loves to eat flowers and plants, too. In fact, one of my pony palms is completed beheaded now because of Ms Jingles. I salvaged what I could and put them in little vases around the house but without any roots, don't know how long they will last. I can't keep bamboo either as she eats it right down to the stalk. I haven't tried Piknik ... it's hard enough uploading anything at the moment so I just stick with quick and easy. However photos come out of my camera, that's how they are viewed. Hope you have a terrific day. Tammy

Paula said...

Lovely photos :) Those are some of my favorites flowers. I really like picnic and have been using it a lot lately, too. I like the dreamy quality to your flowers.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

I love your pretty photos of your gorgeous flowers and remember growing them one year in the garden.
I have not tried using Piknik and will have to check it out.

Happy Easter
Hugs
Carolyn

Kathy said...

Hello,
That's the way I feel - I have been focussing on my flowers - just loving their beauty and their fragrance. I was gifted some Ranunculus a few weeks ago - cannot wait until they bloom - your photos are fantastic!
Your newest follower,
Kathy

June said...

Gorgeous Sharon!!!! Isn't it great to go and bring home the beauty and then capture them forever? These photos are beautiful! Now if Nipper will just be good.lol!
sending hugs...