Sunday, March 13, 2011

Damask Decor - How Fabulous!


One pattern that I adore is damask. Did you know damask has been around for over 10 centuries? How timeless this still is today. 


It's both modern, yet old world so it fits in easily. I just love the design and antique feel of it.


While the black and white is a favorite with its clean, fresh look, it looks great in any color. If you are interested in knowing a little more about the history of this delightful pattern, you can read more here

Photobucket

4 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

Damask is such a lovely pattern and your photographs are gorgeous.
Off now to read about the history of the pattern and thanks for sharing.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

Faerie Moon Creations said...

I love damask, too. It's really elegant and can work so many different ways. Thanks for the history link! Theresa

June said...

I love Damask too Sharon. When I happened upon a beautiful teal and cream I knew I just had to have it for my livingroom windows. I fall in love with it anew everytime I walk into that room.
All your ribbons roses you have been creating are so pretty. I bet Miss Gracies loves batting those around!
sending hugs

dressed by style said...

Hello from BYW. I'm mad about damask and the black/white combination is my best! Thanks, Megan